Vision and Values
The school vision is phrased in a short mission statement;
Moving forward together; striving for excellence!
Harold Court Primary School is to be:
- a place of excellence where children can achieve their full potential in their academic, creative, personal, physical, moral and spiritual development;
- a caring place where children and adults feel they make a contribution and are valued as individuals;
- a stimulating and reflective community where children learn respect for themselves and others;
- a partnership between children, parents, staff and governors and the community as a whole.
We the staff, parents and governors aim to promote and encourage every child to:
- To grow and develop into confident and independent young people with positive reinforcement together from home and school
- To provide an excellent, balanced and broad based curriculum which promotes the spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical growth of our children
- To teach children care and respect for one another
- To ‘catch one another being good’
- Promote the learning that take place to the highest level of a child's ability;
- Feel guided and supported as well as challenged so that they develop to be independent learners;
- Raise their self-esteem to experience a sense of achievement;
- Be actively involved in the school and wider community;
- Express their feelings, needs or concerns;
- Take responsibility for their own behaviour;
- Be actively aware of the world we live in, and make a positive contribution to modern Britain;
Our Core Values – which were defined by our children are
These values support the way in which all members of the school can live and work together in a supportive way. They support our aims as a school to promote an environment where everyone feels happy, safe and secure. Our core values are displayed in every classroom and both halls of the school, they underpin our whole school ethos and monthly we focus on one of the values. As the month ends each class votes on a member of the class community who ‘the class’ is most proud of with displaying this core value in everyday life. This democratic process then leads to a special hot chocolate with our Head Teacher.
Core Value Unity - Hot Chocolate with Mrs HO, Mrs DS & Mrs Doody