New Prospective Parents/Carers tours of our school for children starting Reception in September 2024 will take place in October 2023.
To book a tour, please email the School Office, including: Preferred tour date / time, Parent/Carer name, Child name, and a contact phone number.
Tours are being offered on:
- Wednesday 4th October (10am)
- Thursday 5th October (10am and 5pm)
- Thursday 12th October (10am)
- Friday 3rd November (10am)
- Thursday 9th November (10am)
Welcome from Mrs HO
Welcome to Harold Court School we are a two form entry school based, original building was built in 1929 and has be expanded on our Infant side 10 years ago and then further 6 years ago.
Our last Ofsted was December 2022 and we retain our Good status.
Currently we have nearly 400 children on role.
The Havering School Admissions Team manage the In-Year application process on behalf of Harold Court Primary School alongside all other schools in Havering. You must therefore apply following the In-Year process set out via www.havering.gov.uk/admissions/inyear.
Please scroll down to read more about our school and to view videos created by the children.
Our mission statement
‘Be the best you can be’
This looks different for each and everyone of us and is celebrated throughout the day, during the week and especially acknowledged during Friday’s assembly when the children receive awards for their work that has been recognised throughout the week.
The children wear their uniform with pride and we ask them to put their own crown on each day to remind them how special they are.
Read Write Inc – New phonics programme @ Harold Court
What is Read Write Inc?
Read Write Inc (RWI) is a phonics literacy programme which helps all children learn to read fluently and at speed so they can focus on developing their skills in comprehension, vocabulary and spelling. The programme is designed for children aged 4-7. However, at Harold Court we will continue teaching RWI to children beyond the age of 7 if they still need support in their reading.
How will RWI be taught?
All children are assessed regularly by our RWI lead teacher so they work with children at the same level. This allows complete participation in lessons. Children will participate in approx. 30 minute RWI lessons each day. Some children may require additional support and they will take part in a second session each day.
Reading At Harold Court
- At Harold Court Primary School we use Rigby Star and Bug Club, published by Pearson, as our structured reading scheme. The children follow the structured colour banded system from EYFS until they are fluent, confident readers when they select books to read at their level with guidance from their teacher. Children will also have access to Read Write Inc books that link to the sound they are learning.
- Each day every class have a whole school Guided Reading session where the teacher focuses on comprehension skills and discussing the texts.
- Our on-line reading programme Bug Club, produced by Pearson, consolidates reading skills, linking together home and school learning.
- For more details please look at our school website reading page
Under the universal infant school meals programme, all children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 are provided with a free school meal each day they are in school. However, in addition to this, The London Mayor is funding school meals for KS2 pupils in all London schools for a 12 month period
starting from the 4th September 2023 through to the end of summer term 24th July 2024.
Children have an option of 3 choices, including a vegetarian meal. The kitchen can accommodate any child who may have food intolerances or allergies.
Breakfast and After School Club
We offer a Breakfast and After School Club at Harold Court which is run by the school rather than an outside agency.
Both clubs aim to provide the highest possible standard of care in a secure, caring and supportive environment, where children feel comfortable and happy before starting and finishing the school day.
We offer healthy and nutritious food. At the Breakfast Club your child will be offered cereals, fruit and toast. After School Club provides a light snack. There will always be a choice of food including fruit, fresh juices and readily available water throughout the sessions
Breakfast Club - 7:30 am – 8:30 am
After School Club – 3:30 pm – 5:30pm
For more information please look at our school website: https://www.haroldcourt.org.uk/core-information/adding-pages
- Harold Court Primary School places the protection of children in its care as one of its major priorities and responsibilities.
- We have our own Pastoral Lead Mrs Doody who provides pastoral support and guidance to all our children, promoting their well being by liaising with parents/carers, school staff and external agencies.
- Problems at home or school can have a detrimental impact on a child's well being and on family life, Mrs Doody aims to develop positive home/school relationships by listening and caring in a non-judgemental way.
- Mrs Doody is here to help, offering a professional service with access to an extensive range of information, enabling her to signpost parents/carers to a variety of services who may be able to help.
How to Apply
Havering Council (the Local Authority) is the admission authority for all community schools in the London Borough of Havering. This means that it is the Council's responsibility to set the admissions criteria and make the decisions as to which pupils are admitted to this school.
The admission arrangements can be can be viewed on the Havering website –
Applications for children to start Reception in September must be made via your home Local Authority. For parents that live in Havering this website is www.eadmissions.org.uk
Extra curricular activities/visits
We have a wide range of activities/events that take place across the year for all year groups. These range from enrichment for different subjects, understanding social responsibility to events that help make memories.
- Young Voices
- Singing at the Senior Citizens lunch
- Singing to raise money for Rainbow Trust our local charity
- Collect food for Harold Hill Food bank
- Polar Express Day
- Great Harold Court Bake Off
- Farm visiting the school
- London Fire Brigade visits
- ART/RE/DT, Science and Maths weeks
A little tour of our school from Year 6 prefects:
We are very fortunate to have so much green space and two large playgrounds.
Pre COVID we ran many lunchtime and after school clubs- such as football, needle work, Art, Science, Reading and board games to name a few.
We follow the Harold Court Way and aim to display our core values in all that we do.
Some of our favourite memories
More favourite memories
Our Reception Learning Garden
This is where your children will begin their JOURNEY AT Harold Court exploring the outdoor area. Please provide them with wellies and do not be too upset when they arrive home muddy and dirty they will have had an exciting fun day.
Hear from one of our School Parliament members
One of our Restorative Rangers
What we love!